Inmate Mail Protocol
Mail must be of normal size and not contain any contraband. All inmate mail must be sent to the following address:
(Inmate’s full name)
Parmer County Jail
P.O. Box 860
Farwell, Texas 79325
- Outgoing mail will be delivered to the U.S. Post Office daily, Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
- Incoming mail will be delivered to inmates on the same day received.
- Inflammatory writings and pornography will be rejected.
- The Sheriff or Chief Deputy will be the authorities to accept or reject any of the above-described mail.
Non-privileged mail will be opened and screened for contraband and content.
- Outgoing non-privileged mail: is delivered, unopened, to the mail clerk, who will scan it.
- Incoming non-privileged mail:
- All incoming non-privileged mail will be opened, read and checked for
contraband. Do not send cash, checks or money orders in the mail. They will not be accepted.
2. Inmate will be notified of any confiscated contraband.